Tangem Wallet Pack of 2 - Secure Crypto Wallet - Trusted Cold Storage for Bitcoin, Ethereum, NFT's &

Tangem Wallet Pack of 2 - Secure Crypto Wallet - Trusted Cold Storage for Bitcoin, Ethereum, NFT's &
Key item features Ultimate Security: Generates a private key that remains on the card, safeguarding crypto and NFTs from hackers with EAL6+ certification and audited firmware. Versatile Compatibility: Manages over 13,000 tokens across 70+ blockchains, supporting DeFi, NFTs, and DeEx without wires, Bluetooth, or USB. Effortless Operation: Utilizes NFC for secure transactions via a mobile device and the Tangem app, enabling buying and selling crypto with various payment methods. Smart Backup: Features a second Tangem Wallet as a backup, eliminating the need for paper, pictures, or seed phrases for recovery. Durable Design: Boasts IP68 protection against environmental conditions, ensuring longevity and robust physical security. Comprehensive Support: Compatible with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, XRP, USDT, and over 6,000 cryptocurrencies, integrating with dApps and WalletConnect.

LBANK

Did any 2009 Bitcoin service generate multi-word passphrases?

I am trying to identify a Bitcoin-related service or wallet that I remember using around 2009. I understand that modern mnemonic recovery seeds (such as BIP39) did not exist in 2009, and I am not claiming that this was a modern seed phrase. My recollection is the following: I was introduced to Bitcoin by a friend. I created a new email account specifically for this. I registered on a website with an email address and password. I bought Bitcoin for a small amount of euros. My recollection is that payment was made by bank transfer from a German bank account. Afterward I could see a Bitcoin balance associated with my account on the website. I was advised to move the bitcoins to a wallet so that I would still have access to them if the website disappeared. I did not install wallet software. I remember doing this in the browser. During this process, the system generated a number of apparently random words for me. I understood these words at the time as a password/passphrase and wrote them down on paper. I kept that piece of paper for many years. I no longer know the exact number of words, so I do not want to claim that it was 12, 16, 24, etc. There is one additional unusual memory: while using the words, I remember seeing an extremely long, apparently random sequence of characters in the browser's address bar. I cannot reliably reconstruct what it contained or what technical mechanism produced it. I also remember the website/interface as having a dark or black background, but I consider that visual memory less reliable than the other details. I am aware that parts of this description do not fit the commonly documented history of Bitcoin wallets and exchanges. That discrepancy is exactly what I am trying to investigate. Possible explanations I am considering include an experimental service, a non-standard key-generation scheme, a service that was not actually a Bitcoin wallet, a later event being incorrectly dated in my memory, or even a fraudulent service. I am particularly interested in contemporaneous evidence: archived websites, source code, mailing-list posts, forum posts, screenshots, or documentation from 2009–2010. There is also an older question by user GPHM describing a remembered 12–16 word passphrase from early 2009:

The BTC core wallet lets me choose my own passphrase with 12-16 words. The latest would be late January, early February 2009. What wallet was I using? I can't find a reference online. Everyone says that passphrases weren't used until 2013. I am trying to get my wallet back. I now remember my passphrase.

I do not know GPHM and found that question only recently. I would be very interested in hearing from GPHM if they ever see this, but I do not want to assume that our experiences involved the same system.

Does anyone know of a Bitcoin-related website, wallet prototype, key-generation tool or other service from 2009–2010 that could match any of these technical characteristics, particularly automatically generated words used as a password/passphrase?



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/IJK0YHZ
via IFTTT

Popular posts from this blog

Crypto Exec Warns Tokenization Is Moving Faster Than Expected

Bitcoin Mining Could Be Strengthening The Ruble, Russian Central Bank Says

Nigerian SEC Partners With Police To Tackle Crypto Ponzi Schemes – Details