Why are bitcoin and ordinal wallet addresses different?

I am trying to research and learn about Bitcoin Ordinals, BRC20 and SRC20. However, there is one point I'm stuck on. While we have a single address in all Blockchain networks, why do we have separate wallet addresses for BTCs and Ordinals in Bitcoin? Can anyone explain this? Also, what happens if I transfer to addresses in my Xverse wallet in reverse?

What happens if I send Ordinal or BRC to a BTC address? Or what happens if I send BTC to my Ordinal address?

Even if it does not appear in the wallet, what happens to its status in the Blockchain network?



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/3b5kxc8
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks