bitcoin-cli getrawtransaction not working as expected?

So I'm trying to set up a full bitcoin node. I compiled bitcoin core fine and I created a config file. I want to download the entire history of the blockchain, so I created a bitcoin.conf file in my ./bitcoin folder (the folder that I cloned from github). My file originally looked like:

txindex=1
prune=9
maxconnections=15
dbcache=150
maxmempool=150
maxreceivebuffer=2500
maxsendbuffer=500

Then I ran bitcoind -daemon but realized that when I was running bitcoin-cli getrawtransaction 32892hf9nvh9832948294383 (fake tx number) that it was returning an error saying that there is no such mempool transaction. I realized my mistake was putting prune in my bitcoin.conf file. So I removed that line so that my file now looks like:

txindex=1
maxconnections=15
dbcache=150
maxmempool=150
maxreceivebuffer=2500
maxsendbuffer=500

Then I ran bitcoin-cli stop, then ran bitcoind -daemon -reindex. I thought this would be fine, but I'm still getting that no mempool transaction error when I try looking at that same transaction - and I verified that the process of download the blockchain has already moved past that transaction date because I ran bitcoin-cli getblockchaininfo and I looked at the time key.

Do I have to wait for the entire blockchain to be downloaded before I run these commands? I'd like to know before I waste a bunch of time doing this the wrong way.

I appreciate your help - thanks!



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/U58WHm3
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks