multisig vs singlesig

Due to the ledger debacle I have purchased a Coldcard hardware wallet. I made this decision partly based on watching the Antonopoulos live stream last week. Until now I have backed up my bitcoin on a single seed phrase stamped in metal. There are two copies which are securely stored at two different locations. I’m thinking of upping my security regarding the seed phrase.

My question is, does a 12 word ‘two of two’ multisig offer more protection than a singlesig 24 word? I would be storing the ‘two of two’ seed phrases together. Of course if the ‘two of two’ are found it’s game over. But, as talked about in Antonopoulos’ live stream I want to keep things relatively simple. What I am trying to achieve is a heightened level of security regarding vulnerabilities from a singlesig; whether that is in the form of a hack or some future unknown weakness in Coldcard’s TRNG.



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/hsNbClJ
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks