How to increase fee of existing transaction with bitcoin-cli

I have broadcast a trasnaction from my bitcoincli wallet using this command:

./bitcoin-cli sendtoaddress ADDRESSGOESHERE 0.1

The problem is, it has set the fee to a very low amount by default.

After doing some more research, i found "bumpfee" but when i run this command:

./bitcoin-cli bumpfee TXID

i get this error? error code: -4 error message: Transaction is not BIP 125 replaceable

I also found another way was to run this:

./bitcoin-cli -conf=/mnt/blockchains/bitcoin/bitcoin.conf bumpfee TXIDGOESHERE

But that returns:

error: Could not locate RPC credentials. No authentication cookie could be found, and RPC password is not set. See -rpcpassword and -stdinrpcpass. Configuration file: (/mnt/blockchains/bitcoin/bitcoin.conf)

Is there a way for me to increase the fee of a transaction of someone else? That way, I can use my Electrum wallet to increase the fee of this transacton, but it doesn't seem to give me that option inside Electrum either.

I am using an old version of bitcoin-cli, perhaps I need to update it to the latest version?



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/yEVqoIn
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks