Trouble with initial blockchain download for setting up full node

I am keen on setting up a full node to support the bitcoin network, however I am experiencing problems after initial setup when downloading the blockchain.

My PC specs are 3.2GHz CPU, 2x8GB DDR4 2133mhz RAM, 3.25TB of SSD + HDDs & Radeon R480 GPU

All of my hardware seems to be fine, but after running memtest86 multiple times with different combinations of RAM seated in all the different seats etc, ive realised that one of my 8GB sticks is failing. For whatever reason, my current setup seems unable to get through the full download without failing and requiring me to start over. I restarted the blockchani download process with just one of my sticks of RAM seated, and its been stuck after about 72 straight hours of downloading (however the process isnt autofailing and closing the client anymore, like it was when i tried with both sticks of RAM seated.

I am wondering if there is any less resource intensive way to download a current copy of the blockchain without doing it directly through the bitcoin core client. Or, if anyone has an idea of something else i could do to get this up and running id greatly appreciate it

Thanks!



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/GutirE7
via IFTTT

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks