How do I configure BTCPayServer to use an alternative datadir and avoid 'Unable to open settings file' Error?

Similar to:

Ubuntu Linux, Unable to set bitcoin datadir to a folder in different drive

and

I can't start bitcoind on Raspberry Pi. Why do I need settings.json.tmp when I didn't need it before?

I am configuring BTCPayServer to use a datadir that is not my root directory because I don't have enough space on my root directory for my pruned BTCPayServer Node. When configuring and running BTCPayServer I am logged in as root the entire time, root (obviously) has access to my alternative directory. This can be verified by running ls -l altdatadir

It outputs (edited to be generic):

drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Mar 28 16:23 altdatadir

I applied the alternate paths to the appropriate lines in docker-fragments/bitcoin.yml.

When I run the setup script everything appears to start, however if I try to call bitcoin-cli.sh it tells me it is restarting along with its unique hash. When I run docker logs (unique hash) it outputs (edited to be generic):

Error: Settings file could not be written:
 - Error: Unable to open settings file /media/$USER/altdatadir/.bitcoin/settings.json.tmp for writing

I am assuming under the given setup core is already being run as root (because btcpay server is being run as root) , which is the only given solution to this issue when it has appeared in the 2nd similar question's situation. If it is not the case how do I force BTCPayServer-docker to run it as root?

If it is the case and I am root when running core, why do I not have the ability to write into the directory/files?



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/olWcgSv
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks