Prioritize whitelist LAN Connections

With bitcoind I have whitelisted local connections with whitelist=10.0.0.0/8 in bitcoin.conf on my server. When I launch bitcoin-qt on my laptop (only has one peer the server) it does not sync any blocks unless I block all incoming connections from the WAN to the server.

I have used bitcoin-cli -netinfo and seen that my client 10.0.0.10 is listed as npr so I know it is connected.

I have seen the suggestion to use whitebind but that requires more effort to implement than just using whitelist. Reserve the connection for local wallets

Is there a way to give priority to whitelisted clients so they can sync immediately or is whitebind the only option?



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/BSj4Q8F
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks