What could be the reason that my node syncs so slowly?

I¹ am trying to sync Bitcoin Core v24.0.1 on my Desktop with 16 GB RAM and an Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, but it is taking forever even to get past the header synchronization. It tells me that it will take over 3.5 years to synchronize.

enter image description here

3 hours later, my node is still in Header Synchronization:
enter image description here

  • I have a decent internet connection and am connected to my router via wifi
  • I downloaded Bitcoin Core v24.0.1 from bitcoincore.org
  • I’m using an internal hard drive
  • I have ten connections, but have only received about 340 kB across my eight outbound connections in the ~10 minutes minutes enter image description here
  • I have tried to add a few nodes from bitnodes.io via addnode <ip> onetry to perhaps learn about more peers (and the added nodes show up when I call getaddednodeinfo as past connections)
  • I have over 365 GB of free disk space

Any ideas what else I should try?


¹Asking for a friend.



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/Kyf3oHE
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks