importing WIF addresses into electrum creates new wallet instead of sweeping

I'm trying to use my WIF private key in electrum, tried sweeping and importing. When importing, the addresses are totally different from my public adresses, and when sweeping i get the following message:

inputs not found

should i convert to base58? didn't get the whole bit removal and conversion, I'm probably doing it all wrong.

one of my adresses look like this: 5JQZGRGfGpntdCTbSqAUBW1FtrAPdKgut2zhq3QZdfa8tGqEWZn

and when i import it i get a totally different pubadd :(



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/0aqlQ3s
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks