cw-144 oscillation problems

I am starting to get into Difficulty Algorithms and attacks on them. I came across cw-144 which used to be BCH's DAA at least until mid 2020 (recent developments do not interest me and this is not the point of this post). It became apparent it was vulnerable to rational miners moving between BTC and BCH mining. This was caused because cw-144 is a SMA DAA.

I couldn't manage to grasp why the fact the average is flat (and not EMA or LWMA) causes these oscillations while EMA, LWMA don't. I know this has something to do with the fact that blocks going out of the simple average window have the same effect as them going into the window but I didn't understand why that is (mentioned here). I would much appreciate help with this.

I also added a graph from the above link showing the oscillations. enter image description here



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange https://ift.tt/CDsr6WM
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Kwon’s Detention Prolonged Until 2024 As Montenegro Responds To Extradition Requests

Sam Bankman-Fried Trial Begins Tomorrow: 3 Reasons Ex-SEC Official Foresees Conviction

Ethereum Price Plummets 9% As Fed Chair Passes Hawkish Remarks